This programme focuses on population health (e.g. the community, group, city level), instead of individual patient health. The students are made to understand what factors contribute to health, what factors contribute to injury or disease, prevent poor health outcomes, and promote healthy population by focusing on healthcare programmes, policies, and recent developments in social, behavioural and environmental health.
Besides, this course incorporates subjects like health economics, ethics & laws of public health, disaster management and health system management. Public health is a very broad field of study, incorporating many disciplines, to develop solutions to complex health issues (for example: access to healthcare, substance abuse, workplace injury, infectious disease outbreaks).
Two year programme - Advance Diploma in Community Health Services
Three year programme - Bachelor of Arts (Community Health Services)
Four year programme - Bachelor of Arts Honours (Community Health Services)
Candidates must have passed class 12th in order to apply for these courses. Student must have secured 50% marks in Class 12th.
Rs. 45000 (Per Sem Fee)
- Well qualified and experienced faculty
- Research oriented programme
- Well Equipped labs for practical demonstration
- Collaboration with multi-specialty hospitals and labs
- Visits to Govt. hospitals and NABL accredited labs on weekly basis for clinical practices
- Interdisciplinary courses
- Earning of credits by online digital courses
- Specialized training, workshop and conferences part of curriculum
- Each student mentored by faculty
- Lab and Simulation Training - state-of-the-art labs and high-fidelity simulation facilities to apply your in-depth knowledge to real-world scenarios.
- Field Practicum - to hone your critical thinking and decision-making skills, and to strengthen your delegation and leadership skills. After having successfully completed the second semester university examination the student will be qualified to commence the clinical postings for 2-3 weeks in each semester in leading hospitals. One-year full time internship in a hospital is mandatory to enable a student to obtain the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Community Health Services.
- Clinical Practicum - Hone your assessment, management and communication skills during two hospital-based practicums. You’ll get real-world experience in specialized areas, including emergency departments, operating rooms, and labour and delivery.
- Inter-professional Education - In order to prepare you for an integrated role within the health care team, you will have the opportunity to work with students from other programs within the School of Health Sciences. Learning activities are designed using a problem-based learning (PBL) model and include high-fidelity simulations, interactive case-based table-top exercises, and collaborative skill acquisition.
After completion of Bachelor of Arts in Community Health Services, students can pick up career in public or private sector as Public Health Researcher, Community health provider. Some job roles for examples are:
- Community Health Provider in National Health Mission programmes such as the National Vector Borne Diseases Control, TB Control and Iodine Deficiency Disorder Control Programmes which come under the umbrella of National Rural Health Mission and the newly launched National Urban Health Mission (NUHM)
- Public health researcher
- Public policy research and development
- Public records data research and information services
- Research Assistant
- Coordinators, tutors or lecturers in educational institutions
- Government hospital
- Private hospital & Private owned clinics
- Colleges & Universities
- Health Care Centre
- Programme managers for govt. Projects
- Non Governmental Organisations