Jagannath University - IIC Cell
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India has established 'MHRD's Innovation Cell (MIC)' to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of 'Institution's Innovation Council (IICs)' across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses.
Functions of IIC Cell
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops / seminars / interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges, etc. with the involvement of industries.
JaganNath University Incubation Centre
JaganNath University Incubation center provides following facilities:
- Mentorships from MoE certified Innovation Ambassadors
- Mentorships from Academic/Industry Professionals.
- Connect with leading entrepreneurs.
- 12-24 weeks of co-working space in campus.
- Office resources.
- Prototyping & Product Development Lab.
- Connect with Funding Resources.
- Student Semester Projects.
- Intellectual Property and related advice.
- Financial & Legal Consultants.
- Business advice from our Program Partners.
Activities under IIC Cell/ Capacity Building Programs
Throughout the year, IIC cell organize different activities for students/ faculty members to set up an ecosystem which supports start-ups and entrepreneurial culture in the campus. These activities include Leadership talks, workshops and seminars based on Design thinking and innovation, prototyping, IP values etc.
JaganNath University IIC Cell is dedicated to provide mentorshipfor our students, other institutes/ nearby localities by organising various programs related to innovation and startup and spread the message of innovation & start-up among the students and faculties. Mentorship facilities include:
- Incubation Center
- Availability of Laboratories
- Prototyping Lab
- Angel Investors availability on demand
Detailed Guidelines for submitting proposals can be accessed at Jagannath University, Jaipur website. Innovation and Start-up Policy.
Salient features of JaganNath University Innovation Policy
- Opportunities for regional start-ups, incubation support for nearby entrepreneurs and have active involvement in local development.
- 24x7 Pre-Incubation/Incubation facility available for students, staff and faculty of alldisciplines and departments.
- Attractive facilities available for Faculty/ student start-ups.
- Reward system for the staff which includes sabbaticals, office and lab space for entrepreneurialactivities, reduced teaching loads, awards, trainings, etc.