Introduction to Diploma in Engineering
The Diploma in Engineering is a technical course below the undergraduate rank which aims to provide students with some basic knowledge of engineering, scientific, computing, mathematical techniques, a sound knowledge of English to communicate in the job field and ability to apply the basic problem solving techniques.Many countries in the world recognize it as equivalent to Inter-Science or Pre-Engineering for further studies purpose. After successful completion of Diploma in Engineering course, students can either continue further Engineering studies in undergraduate level as a lateral entry in second year in B.Tech, or get employment as supervisors, foremen, sales engineers, workshop technicians, draughtsman, service station managers, auto engineers, agricultural overseers, farm managers, junior instructors, workshop superintendents etc.
- To prepare competent diploma holder by providingdistinctive and high-quality educational experiences.
- It is a professional course for learning of fundamental engineering concepts.
- It is a professional course, planned so that students can take up a job in the engineering field.
- To prepare trained manpower to carry out various trade in engineering.
- To promote Entrepreneurial Skill based activities amongst students.
- Computer Science
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechnical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Diploma in Enggineering is a 3-year programme, spread over six-semesters
The candidate seeking admission to the Diploma in any streammust have passed 10th class or its equivalent in aggregate as well as individual subject Mathematics, Science from any recognized Board/Council.
Lateral Entry to 2nd Year (IIIrd Semester): The Candidate who has successfully completed 10+2 with subject as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or 12th Technical or 2 Year ITI from NCVT Board / Council.