- The placement office sends placement invitation letters to the companies enclosing
the placement brochure of the University.
- The companies visit the campus for a Pre-Placement talk either before the selection
processes or combine it with the final recruitment.
- On receipt of information / confirmation, the placement office announces the requirements
of the company through various notice boards of the University, whereby interested
students contact the placement officers.
- Subsequently the CV’s are forwarded to the company for further processing.
- The company shortlists candidates that fit their job profiles from the application
pool and send the same to the Placement Office.
- A mutually convenient date is finalized for the selection processes. The company
is required to furnish the final list of students preferably on the same day, or
as soon as possible, after completion of the selection process. The offer letters
need to be sent to the Placement Office for handing over to the students.
- Offer acceptances (from the students) received, will be sent to the company by the
Pre Placement Talks (PPTs)
PPTs give the corporate an opportunity to present their organization to the students
and an opportunity for the student community to learn about the prospects that lie
ahead. The University helps in organizing PPTs and makes available any audio visual
facilities, LCD projectors, OHP’s, TV/VCR’s and any other special equipments etc.
to the company’s on their request.
The University maintains a standard format which the students use for applying to
various companies. A company can request the CVs in the Universities format or any
other company specific format, in hard or soft copies as desired.
The recruitment process commences during the Placement Week. The students may rank
the companies based on their prior knowledge and the information gained through
PPTs. Based on these rankings, the participating companies will be allotted day
and time slots during which they can commence the recruitment process.
Pre Placement Offers
Some companies are offering PPOs to the summer Interns. Exposure of 8 weeks in an
organization, gives both the organization and the student an opportunity to gauge
each other’s compatibility. Companies could, therefore, consider PPOs and communicate
their decision to the department before the Placement Week commences.