MCA 2yrs. Course (For BCA graduates only, Fully approved by AICTE & UGC)
MCA is a professional Degree course, considered to meet the rising demand for qualified
professionals in the area of Information Technology and its applications. The MCA
programme is tending more towards application Development and thus has more importance
on latest tools and techniques to develop improved and quicker applications. The
programme lays foundation for conceptual and analytical reasoning and gives the
students an insight into the intricacies of hardware/ software and dynamics of the
business environment. The course is designed towards current and emerging issues
in IT and business and provides a sound theoretical background and excellent practical
exposure to the students in the algorithm design and optimization, programming,
computational theory, network and database management, mathematics, probability,
accounting, finance, statistics, mobile technologies etc to meet the growing manpower
requirements of the Global Software Industry.
It guides the students in understanding of computer applications and develops programming
skills coupled with perfect managerial skills which are the basic requirements in
today’s fast changing IT scenario. Through the balanced blend of theory & practical,
along with values & attitude the program seeks to equip the students with value
based conduct, emotional maturity, analytical ability, cross functional capability
and leadership skills to operate effectively in a highly volatile, multicultural
global business environment.
The core objective of the MCA programme is to prepare the students for productive
career in software industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment
of teaching and research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline. It prepares
the students to obtain the positions as System Analysts, Systems Designers, Programmers
and IT Managers in any field related to information technology. The program, therefore,
aims at imparting comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and practice.
The well balanced course significantly emphasizes on planning, designing and building
of complex commercial application software and system software. The course also
places equal importance on the functional knowledge in various areas. A
full-time MCA course is not just a postgraduate programme; it is also a complete
professional grooming of students for a successful career in the IT Industry. The
core objective lays emphasis to:
- Equip the students with the latest computer hardware and software technologies.
- Develop conceptual as well as analytical competencies in the areas of System development;
Project Management; Network etc.
- Enhance the confidence of the students by developing a global vision.
- Build capability to anticipate and manage change.
- Sharpen the communication and presentation skills.
- Understand the importance of ethical values.
- Prepare the students to be able to take decisions under risk and uncertain environment,
especially in the area of global marketing.
- Well structured lectures with practical approach
- Exposure to the latest technologies in IT sector
- Exposure to latest techniques: Java, .NET and RDBMS
- Focus on newer dimensions of key topics like Digital Electronics and Artificial
Intelligence, Data warehouse etc.
- Guest lectures series from IT professionals
- Industrial Visits
- Presentations on topics based on new advancements made in the IT sector
- Summer Placements/ Live Projects in companies engaged in software development
- PDP Sessions and Soft Skills
- Comprehensive Viva – Voce & Mock Interview Sessions
- Placement Assistance
- Database Administrator
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- IT Manager
- Hardware Professional
- Networking Engineering/Administrator
- Self Employment
Eligibility and Selection Procedure
Candidate should be either BCA or any Graduation (Maths at 10+2 Level) with minimum
of 50% marks in aggregate.
The students will be admitted on the basis of their score in RMCAAT/ Jagan Nath University Entrance Examination (JUEE). Based on rank in these test, students will be admitted
to the programme as per the merit and availability of seats in various branches.